Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Veggie Sandwich
























A beautiful sandwich-to warm your belly and your heart

This is a recipe that I've created for a simple, rustic sandwich. It can be made easily and served hot or cold.
My favorite way to serve this is warm, on crunchy, rustic fresh bread with rosemary from my garden. This sandwich is easily made in mass quantities (the huge heirloom tomato I used in these photographs made 7 sandwiches!)...I just love tomato season!

One large, beautiful heirloom tomato-slice and sprinkle sea salt and coarse ground pepper, generously.

One large, ripe eggplant. Slice, spread on pan and drizzle olive oil on top-roast @ 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until brown around edges.

Combine 4 oz of goat cheese, a can or jar of artichoke hearts (with liquid), half a cup of grated parmesan cheese and a splash of balsamic vinegar in blender. Blend until it becomes a thick spread.

Toast thick slices of warm bread.
Arrange components in sandwich form accordingly and ENJOY! Add fresh rosemary or basil if you have on hand.

I think that this would be wonderful if served with a cold cucumber/avocado soup, or a simple summer salad. I hope you have a chance to make this soon and enjoy it as much as I did! Share your thoughts with me, if you like. I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment