Friday, September 14, 2012

Banana Ice Cream

Some of my favorite things include receiving emails from friends with a simple link, photograph, a memory or a joke. I love taking time out of my day to pause and think about a dear friend or family member by receiving a simple and unexpected email or letter and sharing in a moment of connection. My dear friend Kate often sends simple things, like links or mass emails seeking opinions on items she wants to purchase such as bath mats and water bottles. My very favorite thing from time to time is when she text messages pictures that she took of things we experienced together months, or years ago, without any caption at all. My heart expands three times with one computer/phone click. I love that silent moment of connection. We live hours apart but after this magical friendship gesture, I feel closer to her than ever.

I received this link in an email from her yesterday: click here to see! The only subject message was "omg!!!!!!!!!" so I knew I had to share in her discovery. After feeling instantly motivated by the author's ice cream enthusiasm, I knew I had to join BOTH of them in their excitement. I pulled out the ingredients (simple and healthy!).

I blended 2 frozen bananas, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (would love to try almond butter next time!) and 2 teaspoons of honey. I froze in airtight container until solid and served with 86% dark chocolate. I think the most exciting thing about this discovery is all of the options! It's an interesting thing, because the variation that I made is "ice cream" without dairy. It's very different from what we expected, but delicious.

If you have just a few spare moments today, perhaps share a link, or a joke, or a photo memory with a loved one via email. Technology doesn't have to create barriers in our relationships with one another...it can do just the very opposite.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I didn't know you could make ice cream in a blender. Cool! Got to make it for sure. Yeah, almond butter would be good.

    ReplyDelete